Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Holiday Inn

At the beginning of this year I stayed one night at your hotel.  I found the accommodations to be rather shabby and overpriced, but, alas, this is not the reason I am writing you.

Several weeks after staying at your hotel I received a packet in the mail from the Priority Club Rewards with, among other paperwork, a credit-card-like card with my new account number and name on it. 

I DID NOT sign up for this “service” while at your hotel and I DID NOT give you authorization to use my personal information to register me for this service.  You knowingly violated my privacy by using this information.  Whether or not the Priority Club is a subsidiary of Holiday Inn or the faction(s) that own it, is irrelevant. 

As you might suspect, I will never stay at a Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza or Staybridge or any other hotel/organization/etc. owned, operated or mismanaged by you ever again.  Just so you know, I am in the process of locating those businesses.

I am sending a copy of this letter and a further explanation of what happened when you stole my information to the organizations listed below.  I will also send these documents to other organizations that watch over unethical companies such as yourself.

It is with much sorrow that I can not leave my name nor address for which to receive your pathetic groveling; should I do as much, one might surmise my name and personal information ending up on another “service” offered by you.  But, do not take my omission of personal information as any indication of my leniency in pursuing this matter.

cc.
Better Business Bureau
Electronic Privacy Information Center
Priority Club

No comments:

Post a Comment