Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home Insurance


Thank you for your recent inspection of my mother's home and property and the recent correspondence--copy enclosed for your edification.

In regards to the three areas of concern, I offer the following responses.

1. "Trim tree limbs away from roof."  Recently several entire trees were removed that, although unbeknownst to the casual eye, posed potential minor damage pending high winds.  As such, no "tree limbs" presently pose a danger to the dwelling.

2. "Clean tree debris from the roof."  Although from time to time, I am certain, that "tree debris," i.e., leaves and small twigs, do gather on the roof of her house, I doubt, with any regularity, that substantial "tree debris" is located on the roof.  By substantial, I'm referring to abnormally sized limbs, trees, or other trash that would pose a hazard to people on the ground or to the structure of the roof itself. 

3. "Clean up overgrown backyard (i.e [sic] trim trees, shrubs, bushes etc)."  I agree that the backyard is "overgrown," at least by suburban standards.  However, the backyard poses no danger to the house, its inhabitants, or neighbors.  Given the residential nature of the neighborhood, and the city itself, the backyard does not pose a fire danger either.  As stated prior, trees in close proximity to the house have been removed. 

While I appreciate the "safety" motif of the letter, I'm disconcerted that you would threaten "cancellation of the policy" because of untrimmed shrubs.  I sincerely doubt that NAIC, IIPRC and similar organizations would find the utility in such claims.

Do contact me, via any method below, should you have any questions or concerns regarding this letter.  Otherwise I will consider the matter resolved and assume no further action is necessary and accept the implicit apology therein. 

Warmest regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment